ROLE TITLE: Kitchen
LOCATION: Recovery Republic
(63-65 YORK ST. HEYWOOD, LANCS OL10 4NR)
HOURS: TBC by the Volunteer Coordinator
ROLE OVERVIEW: To make sandwiches and cook meals for group attending RR.
To make cups of tea and or coffee and handle small amounts of cash for the price of tea and coffee.
KEY CONTACTS: (Development Manager), Carl Cruise
- To cook and serve a hot meal on Fridays for around 25 people possibly 30.
- To keep the kitchen area clean and tidy, and to help with any cooking duties that may be on during that day.
- Also to make and serve cups of tea and coffee and to handle the cash when people pay for their beverages.
- To observe health and safety procedures applicable to kitchen duties.
- To observe the policies of the recovery republic
- Bins to be emptied on a daily basis and tied before taken outside to the large bin ready to be taken on Wednesdays
- Large bin at the rear of the building to be taken to the pavement behind the fence at rear, ensure you get help with this and not do it by yourself
Commitment – All volunteers are asked to agree a specific ‘slot’ each week during which they will volunteer. We ask that volunteers show commitment to the role and only cancel their slot if absolutely necessary (e.g. illness or an interview)
Training and support
- An initial induction is given to all volunteers (one day or two half days) before starting.
- Volunteers are also warmly encouraged to attend training and development events which are held by Recovery Republic several times throughout the year.
- Volunteer meetings are held regularly and are an opportunity to give feedback and contribute ideas, as well as meeting other volunteers
- Volunteers report to the Development Officer who will provide support and opportunities for feedback
Recovery Republic will repay the cost of travel to and from the centre for volunteering sessions.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS LIKED
- Reliable, punctual and committed people.
- Good attention to detail and understanding of hygiene standards.
- Lives in the Heywood community
WHAT YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED TO DO
- We won’t ask you to be solely responsible for the care of our service users.
REFERENCES WILL BE ASKED FOR IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS ROLE.