Commitment – All volunteers are asked to agree a specific ‘slot’ each week during which they will volunteer. We ask that volunteers show commitment to the role and only cancel their slot if absolutely necessary (e.g. illness or an interview)
Training and support
- An initial induction is given to all volunteers (one day or two half days) before starting.
- Volunteers are also warmly encouraged to attend training and development events which are held by Recovery Republic several times throughout the year.
- Volunteer meetings are held regularly and are an opportunity to give feedback and contribute ideas, as well as meeting other volunteers
- Volunteers report to the Development Manager who will provide support and opportunities for feedback
Recovery Republic will repay the cost of travel to and from the centre for volunteering sessions.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS LIKED
- Reliable, punctual and committed people.
- Good attention to detail and understanding of hygiene standards.
- Lives in the Heywood community
WHAT YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED TO DO
- We won’t ask you to be solely responsible for the care of our service users.
REFERENCES WILL BE ASKED FOR IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS ROLE.