ROLE TITLE: Cleaner
LOCATION: Recovery Republic
(63-65 YORK ST. HEYWOOD, LANCS OL10 4NR)
HOURS: TBC by the Volunteer Coordinator.
ROLE OVERVIEW: To clean and maintain the standards of cleanliness of Recovery Republic. To work to make Recovery republic a welcoming and supportive environment.
KEY CONTACTS: (Development Manager), Carl Cruise
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
- To clean according to the rota and maintain clean and tidy surfaces upstairs and downstairs.
- To clean and maintain standards within the toilets, taking extra care to maintain and report toilet roles and paper towels when they are low.
- To empty all bins across the building in good time.
- To hoover carpets upstairs and downstairs.
- To take up any other duties as and when appropriate.
- To help to create a welcoming and supportive environment of Recovery Republic.
- To uphold and demonstrate the RR values in every thread of your role.
- To alert a responsible person or manager about the welfare of any individual.
Commitment – All volunteers are asked to agree a specific ‘slot’ each week during which they will volunteer. We ask that volunteers show commitment to the role and only cancel their slot if absolutely necessary (e.g. illness or an interview)
Training and support
- An initial induction is given to all volunteers (one day or two half days) before starting.
- Volunteers are also warmly encouraged to attend training and development events which are held by Recovery Republic several times throughout the year.
- Volunteer meetings are held regularly and are an opportunity to give feedback and contribute ideas, as well as meeting other volunteers
- Volunteers report to the Development Manager who will provide support and opportunities for feedback
Recovery Republic will repay the cost of travel to and from the centre for volunteering sessions.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS LIKED
- Reliable, punctual and committed people.
- Good attention to detail and understanding of hygiene standards.
- Lives in the Heywood community
WHAT YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED TO DO
- We won’t ask you to be solely responsible for the care of our service users.
REFERENCES WILL BE ASKED FOR IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS ROLE.